How did you do in school?

Just curious about people who slipped through the net, so to speak.  How did you cope with school?  I developed quite good ways of hiding how much i struggled.  It helped that i was in most of the bottom sets, as no one really cared back then.  I was in the top set for biology, i excelled in that area.  Nothing else part from sport.  I hated going in every day,  i was like a zombie....i literally cant remember my last year in school.  Ive blanked it out completely. 

Parents
  • I hated school. Found it very overwhelming and the social aspect very difficult.

But I did very well in every subject and frustrated at how slowly everyone else picked things up. To me it always seemed like they were teaching us things very slowly and not going into enough detail.

Teachers liked me because I was very quiet and never noisy. Although I did get into trouble a few times for "answering back" which was just me answering a question honestly. I never did understand what I did wrong, but apparently people sometimes ask questions that are meant to shame you, and you are not supposed to answer them. For example, a teacher asked me why I was sniffing in class and I told her it was to stop the snot from coming out of my nose. She sent me to the headteacher?! I don't know what she expected.

I have loads of stories like that. But my report cards were always good and any social issues or difficulties I had were completely overlooked because to my teachers I was someone who excelled in every subject (except woodwork) and wasn't noisy so they had nothing to complain about.

• Apart from my polarized grades and skills, and the occasional chair throwing, I too was the quiet kid in class. Always well behaved, just trying to get to the end of day.

But, I was one of those kids who would get in trouble when other people are causing the trouble. Like telling someone to stop throwing crap at me in class, or taking my stuff. I'd be the one sent out for disrupting the class.

• Apart from my polarized grades and skills, and the occasional chair throwing, I too was the quiet kid in class. Always well behaved, just trying to get to the end of day.

But, I was one of those kids who would get in trouble when other people are causing the trouble. Like telling someone to stop throwing crap at me in class, or taking my stuff. I'd be the one sent out for disrupting the class.

Children
No Data