Dentistry and hair cuts....

I have a phobia of the dentist....so have bought tools to descale my teeth and remove all my own tooth debris....and hate people near my head....so i learnt to cut my own hair and am pretty proficient....enough so that my family ask me for haircuts....i dont offer dental though haha.....anyone else do things like this?

Parents
  • I ask my dentist to explain what he is going to do, what he finds and what he is doing as he goes along. IT helps me feel less vulnerable and I even managed to have 7 hours of work done in one week last year.

It was for 3 crowns (9 root canals) so involved lots of injections and lots and lots of fillings, but knowing what was going to happen and getting a running commentary actually made it interesting.

For the person who asked about haircuts, how about drugging the kid with antihystamine - that could defocus them enough to stop it becoming an issue.

I'm not sure about the perception of this medication of others mind you.

• I ask my dentist to explain what he is going to do, what he finds and what he is doing as he goes along. IT helps me feel less vulnerable and I even managed to have 7 hours of work done in one week last year.

It was for 3 crowns (9 root canals) so involved lots of injections and lots and lots of fillings, but knowing what was going to happen and getting a running commentary actually made it interesting.

For the person who asked about haircuts, how about drugging the kid with antihystamine - that could defocus them enough to stop it becoming an issue.

I'm not sure about the perception of this medication of others mind you.

Children
No Data