Dentistry and hair cuts....

I have a phobia of the dentist....so have bought tools to descale my teeth and remove all my own tooth debris....and hate people near my head....so i learnt to cut my own hair and am pretty proficient....enough so that my family ask me for haircuts....i dont offer dental though haha.....anyone else do things like this?

Parents
  • I also have a phobia of dentists. I've always hated people going near my face and mouth and I freaked out when I had to get a filling once, and then I got really OCD about teeth brushing, and was constantly paranoid about my teeth. For a while I felt sick if someone even talked about teeth.

I found it helps a lot if you tell the dentist that you are anxious and autistic.

(also it's not for everyone, but you can use prescription anxiety drugs to get you through  the experience)

• I also have a phobia of dentists. I've always hated people going near my face and mouth and I freaked out when I had to get a filling once, and then I got really OCD about teeth brushing, and was constantly paranoid about my teeth. For a while I felt sick if someone even talked about teeth.

I found it helps a lot if you tell the dentist that you are anxious and autistic.

(also it's not for everyone, but you can use prescription anxiety drugs to get you through  the experience)

Children
No Data