Sensory issues with sleep

Does anyone ellse tend to have an overactive brain before they go to bed? Like if your staying some where different like at a relative's house you can't sleep well unless it's your own bed. Other people's houses freak me out at night time. I can literally here everything from pipes creeking to floor boards to the wind outside. Then my over imagination kikcs in and thinks there must be somone there when reality I do t beleive in ghosts but old Victorian propperties really creep me out. I sleep fine in my house but when we stay at families houses not so much. 

Parents
  • Never have a problem now - but there are things we have done to make sleep easier

• Always go to bed at the same time (weekends included)
    • Always get up the same time (weekends included)
    • never have caffeine after midday (or a bit later depending on when you go to bed)
    • Don’t use devices at least ah hour before bed
    • Turn the TV off some time before bed and no TV in the bedroom
    • maybe try and read or some wind down activity.

this seems to work for me plus I am often tired at night anyway.  Probably from masking or other type of activity during the day

• Good advice,. Shame I never follow it.

• It's cause our brains don't work that way lol like have you ever been to a therapist and they've tried to educate on you how to solve the issue. Autistic minds are more like does not compute and it never gets solved anyway. Therapists are dog trainers for NTs being autistic were more intelagent than a dog hence why they can't reprogram us like nurotypicals.

• It is very easy to have a philosophical objection to science that is proven to work for NT folk. Unless you have actually tried it properly though for a sustained period it is not really worth anything. That smacks of being obsessive over our condition; it does not define us but it is a key part of us. We all need to work out what works for us. Dismissing stuff out of hand seems a bit silly to me.

• It is very easy to have a philosophical objection to science that is proven to work for NT folk. Unless you have actually tried it properly though for a sustained period it is not really worth anything. That smacks of being obsessive over our condition; it does not define us but it is a key part of us. We all need to work out what works for us. Dismissing stuff out of hand seems a bit silly to me.

Children
No Data