Anyone ellse feel the burnout during the Christmas period?

Noticed I strugel with socilising more than once a week if I'm in a situation where I'm having to socilise more than once it just physically and mentally shatteres me. Come Christmas we have Christmas Eve where we socilise Christmas day then boxing day then shoot day and there's even a party after that usually. I have to sit certain events out as I personally find the socilising to much and need to retreat to my own space or literally nap it off anyone ellse the same on this?

Parents
  • I feel really guilty though as it's just my immediate family and my mother in law. They're all lovely but the combined noise and randomness and shouts and relentless bids for attention attention desire to play from my son means I have only so much time I can handle it before I crack and need a break. It's so hard getting a nice balance between being polite, showing how much I do truly love and appreciate them, but also protecting myself. I keep telling myself it is just a week and then things will be back to normal.

• Wow.  I so get that.  It's like a pressure cooker - perfect on the outside and bubbling on the inside.  I've become such a great actress that I sometimes fool myself and think I'm okay until I become snappy at little things.... I hide in the toilet when in a place that's too much and pace about and hum to decompress when it's all overwhelming.  You are doing your best CB and that's great.  Try not to be so hard on yourself, we can't be perfect. I do understand all what you describe though.

• Thank you :) wish I was perfect on the outside hahahahha!

Reply Children