Anyone ellse feel the burnout during the Christmas period?

Noticed I strugel with socilising more than once a week if I'm in a situation where I'm having to socilise more than once it just physically and mentally shatteres me. Come Christmas we have Christmas Eve where we socilise Christmas day then boxing day then shoot day and there's even a party after that usually. I have to sit certain events out as I personally find the socilising to much and need to retreat to my own space or literally nap it off anyone ellse the same on this?

Parents Reply Children
  • hahah this is so true!!

• Like don't get me wrong I enjoy Christmas Eve seeing everyone down the local up north again and catching up there. But then we go down again Christmas morning Christmas day is usually a hole day of it until midnight then boxing day we have people round then the shoot then we go for a meal the day after that by the end of the week I feel like I could sleep for a week. Also some of family I think think I'm being rude or antisocial my mum gets it though as she's very understanding bit the rest of them are like man up have a few drinks stop being anti social or what ever and God it's draining. I enjoy being around them though as luckily I have a very nice family and they do there best to understand my autism but I'm not sure they totally get the burn out side of it. So may perseve it as rude if I go up to sleep early or put on my noise canceling headphones to drown the noise out. As they all get drunk and debate politics or religion none of those subjects I have any interest in either.