Mental health....not what I expected

So, had a long history of anxiety and depression.  Lately become very exhausted....I'm prone to "walking" when I can't handle things.

Thought I'd had a breakdown and finally asked for help from my doctor.  I was referred to the mental health crisis team.  I was assessed on the phone and asked to come in for a face to face.....

I was just expecting to be offered  more tablets (never worked) and diagnosed with a personality disorder or schizophrenia....

Halway through, I was asked if it was OK to do a ASD questionnaire.....never heard of it and when asked what it was.....I was abit taken back.  Sure, anyway...I scored a high level and will be referred for I don't know what next or how long that takes.  I was assured I wasn't mental at the end anyway but now feel in limbo abit.

I'm 41.....I've gone through life trying to convince myself I was normal, and since they've mentioned asd.....I've realised I'm really not.....but that's OK.  It kind of makes sense, my life and how I think.  

Anyone else in the same boat? 

Parents
  • Hi, my wife had a major meltdown about 18 months ago. 
    she was signed off for a year.

She takes Sertralline  and Propranadol one is a beta blocker. She is back at  work now part time and still has a knot in her stomach most the time but she can function, I haven’t noticed any adverse affects to her.

• Yes I have asked for reduced hours at work to see if that will help me but the idea of going back is really causing me to feel awful.

Reply Children
No Data