Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • First and foremost: Congratulations on your diagnosis :-)

And Hell yes! There are positives about being autistic!

Don't get me wrong, mine has also brought me a shed load of problems to over come in life, and weirdly medical phobias that almost killed me. So each of us in our own way has more than our fair share of s**t.  But you know, the sweetest thing that any one said to me on this forum when I got my diagnosis recently was: "You know you have superpowers, don't you?". Lol.

This is going to take a while to process. You are going to have a thousand little 'ahhhahh' moments over the innocuous but odd stuff about your life, a thousand tears for the pain it brought, (mostly because you live in an NT world that doesn't get it), but also I promise, there are things about you that are different in a good way that are so positive and you have them BECAUSE you are autistic. And they are your gift to the world. There will be pain. There will be compensations. 

You are brilliant. You are you. Own it. It ain't all bad, I promise.

Reply Children
No Data