Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • Pop, I've been spending some time talking to autistic people on forums and in person recently, and one thing that strikes me is that almost all the people I've come across are very accepting. By my (admittedly rough accounting), it seems that a much smaller percentage of the autistic population is prejudiced against people because of their ethnicity or sexuality, for example, compared to non-autistics. Many autistic people also seem rational, honest, loyal, and empathetic, although they might struggle to express empathy. I think there are a great number of benefits.

• Pop, I've been spending some time talking to autistic people on forums and in person recently, and one thing that strikes me is that almost all the people I've come across are very accepting. By my (admittedly rough accounting), it seems that a much smaller percentage of the autistic population is prejudiced against people because of their ethnicity or sexuality, for example, compared to non-autistics. Many autistic people also seem rational, honest, loyal, and empathetic, although they might struggle to express empathy. I think there are a great number of benefits.

Children
  • Yes the autistic community is very accepting and a safe space because many autistic people have previously been ostracised or bullied for their neurotype, they need to feel a stronger sense of belonging.

Personally I think the autistic community is great as I can empathise and relate to other  people and I don’t have to explain anything to anyone, I can just be.