Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • I was diagnosed about 6 months ago ages 40 and I have found it to be really positive. I feel a lot more at peace with myself.

Positives:

I am very good at finding errors or patterns in work.

I don't judge people and I am nice to everybody and smile a lot so I fit into teams well. (I have learnt not to be blunt and fluffy up things that I say and email which helps this).

I am extremely efficient and I have walked into many a job and worked out quickly how to improve processes.  (I don't tell them straight away as I have learnt that waiting a while is better). This has made me progress quickly in my career.

I don't get pulled into office politics because it just goes over my head anyway lol.  (I have had a problem with not realising office politics in some places though). 

When given a complex task I can completely focus on it and get it done.

I think of unusual solutions that other people don't think of, along with my ability to see patterns/links this was an asset when I worked in intelligence. 

I have made a successful career out of all of these things but as the others say we all have our own strengths and weaknesses.  If you go into a job that suits your skill set and in a nice company then you will succeed.  

• I was diagnosed about 6 months ago ages 40 and I have found it to be really positive. I feel a lot more at peace with myself.

Positives:

I am very good at finding errors or patterns in work.

I don't judge people and I am nice to everybody and smile a lot so I fit into teams well. (I have learnt not to be blunt and fluffy up things that I say and email which helps this).

I am extremely efficient and I have walked into many a job and worked out quickly how to improve processes.  (I don't tell them straight away as I have learnt that waiting a while is better). This has made me progress quickly in my career.

I don't get pulled into office politics because it just goes over my head anyway lol.  (I have had a problem with not realising office politics in some places though). 

When given a complex task I can completely focus on it and get it done.

I think of unusual solutions that other people don't think of, along with my ability to see patterns/links this was an asset when I worked in intelligence. 

I have made a successful career out of all of these things but as the others say we all have our own strengths and weaknesses.  If you go into a job that suits your skill set and in a nice company then you will succeed.  

Children
No Data