Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • The benefits are things like good memory, well organised, see things differently to most and having a different idea of how to live your life. The issues are mental health issues tend to be worse for people on the Spectrum, people will sometimes think you are odd and employers will often not understand you. These are the basics, at least to me.

However: you can get support more easily when you need it, it is now a legal right to have workplaces adapt to make things easier for you and, lets be clear here, there is nothing actually wrong with you. You are different to other people, just like you always were. This just adds to that. It's a whole wide world out there where you can find things to enjoy doing and a place to work you'll love.

Go look. You'll be pleasantly surprised, hopefully.

• The benefits are things like good memory, well organised, see things differently to most and having a different idea of how to live your life. The issues are mental health issues tend to be worse for people on the Spectrum, people will sometimes think you are odd and employers will often not understand you. These are the basics, at least to me.

However: you can get support more easily when you need it, it is now a legal right to have workplaces adapt to make things easier for you and, lets be clear here, there is nothing actually wrong with you. You are different to other people, just like you always were. This just adds to that. It's a whole wide world out there where you can find things to enjoy doing and a place to work you'll love.

Go look. You'll be pleasantly surprised, hopefully.

Children
No Data