Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • Hi Pop

I was diagnosed 4 years ago and to be honest I’m still struggling with it. The diagnosis answered a lot of questions but resolved none.

Thats probably where being diagnosed later in life is a bit tricky, after masking for 50 years I find it extremely difficult to live life as my actual self and maintain a relationship that I’ve been in for 25 years.

We are all different so as for benefits of autism it’s a wide open question. There will be things that you’re good at or even just enjoy there will also be things things that are difficult for you.

With my diagnosis came the knowledge that my processing speed is in the bottom 5% of the population but on the flip side my visual reckoning is in the top 10%

At the end of the day you are the same person you were yesterday, You now just have a diagnosis for Autism to navigate your way through.

The only advice I would give from my experience is take your time and try not to put to much pressure on yourself.

I wish you all the very best with your journey 

• Hi Pop

I was diagnosed 4 years ago and to be honest I’m still struggling with it. The diagnosis answered a lot of questions but resolved none.

Thats probably where being diagnosed later in life is a bit tricky, after masking for 50 years I find it extremely difficult to live life as my actual self and maintain a relationship that I’ve been in for 25 years.

We are all different so as for benefits of autism it’s a wide open question. There will be things that you’re good at or even just enjoy there will also be things things that are difficult for you.

With my diagnosis came the knowledge that my processing speed is in the bottom 5% of the population but on the flip side my visual reckoning is in the top 10%

At the end of the day you are the same person you were yesterday, You now just have a diagnosis for Autism to navigate your way through.

The only advice I would give from my experience is take your time and try not to put to much pressure on yourself.

I wish you all the very best with your journey 

Children
No Data