Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • It really depends in your assessment process, and how you are informed. You should be told your strengths and weaknesses really.

I‘m not diagnosed yet, but my daughter is. There are plenty of good things. Some people excel in a particular field, we may be creative or musical, some have good memory, we think out of the box, we can cut out the time wasting stuff, we know a huge amount of facts on our special subjects, we are honest, we don’t lie.

How about the fact we don’t judge people? Or we have an affinity with animals? Hate injustice?

Just some things to throw out there….

• It really depends in your assessment process, and how you are informed. You should be told your strengths and weaknesses really.

I‘m not diagnosed yet, but my daughter is. There are plenty of good things. Some people excel in a particular field, we may be creative or musical, some have good memory, we think out of the box, we can cut out the time wasting stuff, we know a huge amount of facts on our special subjects, we are honest, we don’t lie.

How about the fact we don’t judge people? Or we have an affinity with animals? Hate injustice?

Just some things to throw out there….

Children