Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Ooh, this had unlocked a line of thought in me that I hadn't previously considered. At first thought I would say, no, I'm not very particular about clothes. But then thinking about it, I am but it can be quite subtle at times. I absolutely cannot abide wearing jeans inside my own house. They are uncomfortable to wear on a sofa and nobody can convince me otherwise. This seems to go away a little if I'm wearing jeans on someone else's sofa (perhaps because I'm not relaxing properly anyway)? As soon as I get home I get changed into comfortable clothes, tracksuit bottoms and an oversized top or some kind of pyjama set. If it's warm in the summer I can wear dresses inside as they can be quite comfortable (if it's a summer dress) but I do have to be in the mood to dress up. At work, I always wear my work clothes. The idea of wearing jeans and/or trainers at work flummoxes me (I have an office job). I don't mind other people doing it but they are 'casual' clothes not work clothes so I don't think I would be in the right head space. 

• Ooh, this had unlocked a line of thought in me that I hadn't previously considered. At first thought I would say, no, I'm not very particular about clothes. But then thinking about it, I am but it can be quite subtle at times. I absolutely cannot abide wearing jeans inside my own house. They are uncomfortable to wear on a sofa and nobody can convince me otherwise. This seems to go away a little if I'm wearing jeans on someone else's sofa (perhaps because I'm not relaxing properly anyway)? As soon as I get home I get changed into comfortable clothes, tracksuit bottoms and an oversized top or some kind of pyjama set. If it's warm in the summer I can wear dresses inside as they can be quite comfortable (if it's a summer dress) but I do have to be in the mood to dress up. At work, I always wear my work clothes. The idea of wearing jeans and/or trainers at work flummoxes me (I have an office job). I don't mind other people doing it but they are 'casual' clothes not work clothes so I don't think I would be in the right head space. 

Children
No Data