Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Clothes make a huge difference to how we feel. I worked at a place once where everyone wore more or less the same colours as that was the dress code.

When i was employed by the company, they did aSunflowersychometric test and before they offered me the position said, they wanted me to wear what I want. Apparently the test results showed them that letting me be an individual would bring the best outSunflowern me. Hell I took that and ran with it, everyone else in their blue/black suits and me in the dress with huge yellow sunflowers Sunflower statement jewellery etc. They didn’t take my individuality away and I excelled in the role within a year !!  Now where I work we are not allowed anything individual, uniformed, I feel constrained because clothes are an expression of who you are. 

• Hi Rosina, sometimes I like to wear a uniform so I can "hide in plain sight". Other times I might dress as a motorcyclist or a scooterist. These two groups hardly mix socially.

My wardrobe is divided into "smart" and "scruffy" clothes. Daily choice depends on the activity I have in mind.

In terms of washing clothes, I have a new washing machine/ tumble drier. I try to use the clothes line where possible, as electricity costs a fortune.

• Hi Rosina, sometimes I like to wear a uniform so I can "hide in plain sight". Other times I might dress as a motorcyclist or a scooterist. These two groups hardly mix socially.

My wardrobe is divided into "smart" and "scruffy" clothes. Daily choice depends on the activity I have in mind.

In terms of washing clothes, I have a new washing machine/ tumble drier. I try to use the clothes line where possible, as electricity costs a fortune.

Children
No Data