Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Even though this thread is 2 years old, I can totally relate to the impact clothes can have on our mood and behavior. The way we dress can definitely influence how we feel and present ourselves to the world. It's not just you; many people experience a connection between their outfit and their mindset. Different styles or outfits can evoke certain emotions or make us feel more confident or professional. It's like dressing for the role we want to embody. If you're looking for affordable options to refresh your wardrobe, you can check out places like globalpalletsliquidation.com. They offer Men’s Wholesale Clothing pallets that can be a great way to find stylish clothes at a budget-friendly price.

• Even though this thread is 2 years old, I can totally relate to the impact clothes can have on our mood and behavior. The way we dress can definitely influence how we feel and present ourselves to the world. It's not just you; many people experience a connection between their outfit and their mindset. Different styles or outfits can evoke certain emotions or make us feel more confident or professional. It's like dressing for the role we want to embody. If you're looking for affordable options to refresh your wardrobe, you can check out places like globalpalletsliquidation.com. They offer Men’s Wholesale Clothing pallets that can be a great way to find stylish clothes at a budget-friendly price.

Children
  • Agreed.

I really struggle with bras, but don’t like how it feels without one on. Buying new bras is a minefield.
    Footwear too, I will buy secondhand as a preference as I can’t stand breaking in new shoes, and with the benefit of hindsight, the problems I had with shoes when I was little should have been a bit of a giveaway from a sensory difficulty perspective.