Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Even casual clothing feels like a costume for me sometimes. Like I'm putting on the appearance of a human. I've no idea why, because I don't think the clothing itself has any stressing effect on me, but it feels like just an extension of the mask somehow. And the effect is much stronger in work clothes.

I only feel truly comfortable in a particular line of shoes, any others make me uneasy. And I really feel at home in a long coat, something that goes down to my knees. I couldn't possibly explain why that is, only that it makes me feel more like my true self? I find it encourages the mask to slip a little bit when I wear one - something that's been noticed by my family members too, so it can't be a coincidence or my imagination. Only I loathe having my shoulders or legs bare, but that could just be my anxiety.

And I agree with others about keeping pyjamas on at home - oftentimes changing in proper clothing just feels like too much effort for some reason.

• It is very convenient to order many things online, and I often make online purchases. For example, I can buy clothes, but they don't always fit me, upsetting me. Online some things are cheaper than in typical stores, although they are the same, recently I've seen best hoodies in Nike, I wanted to buy, but I realized that they might not fit. True, this is not always the case. This has happened more than once, but shopping online is usually more profitable.

• It is very convenient to order many things online, and I often make online purchases. For example, I can buy clothes, but they don't always fit me, upsetting me. Online some things are cheaper than in typical stores, although they are the same, recently I've seen best hoodies in Nike, I wanted to buy, but I realized that they might not fit. True, this is not always the case. This has happened more than once, but shopping online is usually more profitable.

Children
No Data