Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Hi, my daughter who has Downs Syndrome is the same with her clothes.  They after be a certain colour which goes with the mood she is in. Usually Blue or Red.  When she becomes one of her favourite characters say Abba for instant, she has to wear blue.  If she picks The Carpenters then she has to wear red.  She can often change colour throughout the day and this helps us as it gives us some idea of what she is thinking.  Hope this makes sense.

• Hi, my daughter who has Downs Syndrome is the same with her clothes.  They after be a certain colour which goes with the mood she is in. Usually Blue or Red.  When she becomes one of her favourite characters say Abba for instant, she has to wear blue.  If she picks The Carpenters then she has to wear red.  She can often change colour throughout the day and this helps us as it gives us some idea of what she is thinking.  Hope this makes sense.

Children
No Data