Clothes

Does anyone else feel affected by the clothes they wear? I find like different ways of dressing trigger me and affect my personality.

Like if I dress a certain way I feel like I will behave a certain way or that I should behave a certain way. If I wear a different sort of outfit I feel I need to behave differently or act differently

I also get quite stressed if I feel my clothes dont go together. Like normal casual clothes on top and sportier clothes on bottom for instance

Haircuts are quite a stressful trigger for me as well

Just wondered whether clothes can be a trigger for anyone else or is it just me?

Parents
  • Does anyone else hate wearing uniform too? . Even if I am given a uniform by my job, for instance when Ive been a sports teacher the last couple of years, Ive gone out and bought my own clothes that look similar rather than wear it. I feel trapped in a uniform like im not in charge of my own body cos I cant wear what I want. Does that make sense? Its like what I wear is part of being me and if someone is telling me what to wear its like they own me and I cant be me 

• When I was at school, uniform was a relief. If I had no choice about what to wear then I couldn't be criticized and it evaded the concept of self-expression and choice.

At work there was eventually a sea-change in the 'dress code' (ie suits and ties not mandatory anymore) and it took me quite a while to put a stake in the ground and choose a 'look'... although I was about the last person to lose the tie.

These days if I like something I tend to buy multiples... and, further, I wear a white T Shirt *every single day*: I don't have to think about what people think, or what it projects, or if people think it's the same T shirt... It just gets rid of all that pointless processing.

• When I was at school, uniform was a relief. If I had no choice about what to wear then I couldn't be criticized and it evaded the concept of self-expression and choice.

At work there was eventually a sea-change in the 'dress code' (ie suits and ties not mandatory anymore) and it took me quite a while to put a stake in the ground and choose a 'look'... although I was about the last person to lose the tie.

These days if I like something I tend to buy multiples... and, further, I wear a white T Shirt *every single day*: I don't have to think about what people think, or what it projects, or if people think it's the same T shirt... It just gets rid of all that pointless processing.

Children
No Data