Vegetarianism

Hi!

I've tried going vegetarian before but I can't seem to stick to it.

Could anyone link or list benefits? Physical, environmental, etc.

I can't go vegan due to my eating disorder, so vegetarianism is my only option.

Can you recommend good veggie foods too please?

Parents
  • I manage by eating as little meat as possible. I will buy meat if it is good value (within a certain quality) from the bargain last use by date section. Chucked in the freezer. I mainly do beans, pulses, carrots, peppers, onions and green veg. Potatoes once in a while but i don't like to eat too much starch however tasty it is.

I have 1 giant pan to make batches of food, let it cool, portion it out, cool in fridge for 3 hours then into freezer for whenever.

Everything goes into my one pan. I can cook so methods don't need to be gone through for what is essentially a slow cook with the lid on (to preserve nutrients) on a light heat for a few hours until the pulses have gone soft. I vary it with seasonally cheap veg. Turnips are out right now and potato and turnip mash with butter is delish.

• Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am vegan and have been for 5yrs I can recommend lots of resources once of my favourites is an App called 'Viva Recipe Club'. The vegetarian society website is also a great source of information.

I am very passionate about my veganism but I am not militant. I believe that to encourage people we need to be understanding not bullish! 

• Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am vegan and have been for 5yrs I can recommend lots of resources once of my favourites is an App called 'Viva Recipe Club'. The vegetarian society website is also a great source of information.

I am very passionate about my veganism but I am not militant. I believe that to encourage people we need to be understanding not bullish! 

Children