Football (Why?)

Anyone else out there, like me, who's sick to the back teeth of Football? Luckily, thanks to never watching mainstream media or news, I'm not as bombarded with it as in previous years, but still, enough still seeps through to irritate me. I'm convinced that being completely disinterested in watching grown men run around a field kicking a ball between is an autistic trait. I can't think of much else that seems so utterly tedious and pointless. I suppose it gives people an excuse to celebrate pride in their nation, which I think is very important. And, if England win (whatever it is they win) then I suppose it will also be one in the eye for all the Remoaners who are clinging on to the fantasy of rejoining the EU.

Parents
  • The only 2 things I don't like about football are: the (drunken) football supporter culture in the UK and the sensory/social stuff surrounding most live sports.

I have nothing against the sport itself.

I was reading an article about how the rates of domestic violence go up whether a football team win or lose. Add alcohol consumption to that and it is a scary situation.

With the sensory stuff: I hate being around people watching something like football who at any moment may jump up and shout or swear, punch the air, etc. Noise, unpredictability, erratic social things, violent outbursts. Then towns and villages getting defaced whether there's a win or lose. It's not easy to opt out when there are major matches like there are now.

I'd rather watch a local group of retirees play lawn bowls - I imagine there would be sincere support of one another, quiet and maybe a chance to 'be' and appreciate the skill involved. (I'm definitely older than my years it would seem! And I'm definitely okay with that!!)

• The only 2 things I don't like about football are: the (drunken) football supporter culture in the UK and the sensory/social stuff surrounding most live sports.

I have nothing against the sport itself.

I was reading an article about how the rates of domestic violence go up whether a football team win or lose. Add alcohol consumption to that and it is a scary situation.

With the sensory stuff: I hate being around people watching something like football who at any moment may jump up and shout or swear, punch the air, etc. Noise, unpredictability, erratic social things, violent outbursts. Then towns and villages getting defaced whether there's a win or lose. It's not easy to opt out when there are major matches like there are now.

I'd rather watch a local group of retirees play lawn bowls - I imagine there would be sincere support of one another, quiet and maybe a chance to 'be' and appreciate the skill involved. (I'm definitely older than my years it would seem! And I'm definitely okay with that!!)

Children
No Data