Greenham Common Women.

I've heard a lot of talk this last few years, about the evils of our overlords, but very, very, little in the way of "principles of resistance".

In that vein, I would like to publically salute the Women of Greenham common who endured extreme viscitudes for literally years on end to get a class of foreign theatre nuclear weapons removed from the soil of my country. If any of you have mothers who were a part of that movement, give them a little bit of respect for what they eventually accomplished.

Parents
  • Hi I Sperg, I remember the CGW well. They were regular headline makers in the early-to-mid 80's. Apart from raising consciousness about the issue, though, I'm not sure they had any significant impact. We still bought Trident eventually and nuclear weapons are just as widespread as ever. In fact, many would argue that a nuclear conflict is more likely now than at any other time.

• Since they solved miniaturisation some years ago, (I believe by using an alternate source of neutrons obviating the requirement to have a critical mass to supply sufficient neutrons to sustain fission) it is widely rumoured that nuclear weapons have already been casually and stealthily deployed deployed in recent conflicts. The only good thing about nuclear weapons is that they still use plutonium and thus degrade over time as the "metal" transitions spontaneously from one phase to another, less useful in nuclear weapons physics phase. There is a real possibility that nuclear weapons will soon become old hat, when the newer physics of "nucleonics" gains enough traction. You'll get your flying cars then as well.

Although from what I can gather, our secret leaders (or "caretakers" if you prefer) are doing their utmost to suppress all progress in that particular science, whilst they carry on trying to mould us into beings fit enough to join the cosmic society without starting a war within five minutes.

O.K. The last paragraph is a fantastic explanation cooked up by myself in an effort to join up all the loose ends and rationalise the the mess that we seem to be in despite all the wonders of technology. But the rest of it is as far as I can determine pretty factual. "Plastic" in particular I'd like you to go and google nuclear weapon used in yemen and review the footage. I watched a lot of it back when it was coming out and that ccd speckling appeared across multiple devices and looked a LOT like the CCD destruction footage that came out of Fukushima. 

• Not possible.     There are many, many worldwide factories using radiation - smoke detectors, medical stuff etc.

They ALL have independent monitoring of their manufacturing processes including external monitoring and environmental monitoring in case of any accidental release.    This system is how things like Chernobyl was uncovered - and it's much faster, more accurate and sensitive these days.    Even airports have radiation monitoring - just in case.

Any kind of radioactive release would be picked up as the prevailing winds take any airborne contamination anywhere near any facility - the isotopes would be wrong for the area so it would be exposed instantly.

The only 'radioactive' things on the battlefield are Depleted Uranium bullets - F=ma - increase the mass, increase the impact.

I think you're confusing old celluloid film speckling with CCD speckling.    Neutrons smash molecular holes into CCDs - they don't really speckle -  the pixels work until they die - I've been using them since the early 90s in lethal radiation environments.       The old 'Vidicon' tube-style used to speckle and survive quite well until the electronics died - but the tube was quite robust.

Reply Children
No Data