When someone is obsessed with you...

I am probably going to sound a like hypocrite here, given that I am obsessed with someone. (in my case, it's someone else on the spectrum)

Basiclaly, there's a man who attends a few clubs that I go to who is obsessed with me. He kept contacting me last week and it was just nonsense. (ie, he didn't really have anything to say) He was told to stop contacting me and that we can't meet up. He then left me a voice mail (He'd left 5 by then) and I told him again to leave me alone.

That was Friday. Turned my phone on yesterday and received another message from him. He basically said he has OCD, etc. and it felt like he was just trying to make me feel guilty. I replied again and told him to leave me alone.

I saw him last night and he wouldn't leave me alone. Because we were with others, I couldn't tell him to leave me alone. He's asked me if I'm going out Thursday and I said no. Partly because I don't want to and because I don't want to see him.

This all started because I study Law, he's got issues with depression and OCD, has had a run in with the police (he was involved in a fight) and thinks that I can help him. I can't help him and don't see why I should when he's being like this with me. Someone has told me I should be friends with him. But why? I'm getting nothing out of this, apart from frustration and generally feeling pissed off. I've got my own issues I need to deal with and don't see why I should deal with his issues; espacially when we've only known each other for a few months.

He did tell me last night that he'll leave me alone. I don't think he will. When I said "please stop contacting me", I did mean no texting, no phone calls / voice mail and no talking me. I will be civil with him; but I don't want to talk to him.

Parents
  • Thanks. I have discussed this with a few people and many of them have said that I need to block his number. On the subject of blocking people, you can do this on Facebook if you haven't done it yet. Thankfully, he doesn't have the internet, nor does he have my surname; so he shouldn't be able to find me on Facebook. (and my profile picture isn't me)

I have a meeting with my support worker on Monday; so will see if she can give me any help.

• Thanks. I have discussed this with a few people and many of them have said that I need to block his number. On the subject of blocking people, you can do this on Facebook if you haven't done it yet. Thankfully, he doesn't have the internet, nor does he have my surname; so he shouldn't be able to find me on Facebook. (and my profile picture isn't me)

I have a meeting with my support worker on Monday; so will see if she can give me any help.

Children
No Data