Gaming for mental health

Hi all. Does anyone else like to game as a way of destressing and to improve mental well being? If so what are your recommendations? I personally like to jump on the PS4 and now PS5. I find it helps me switch off and is a great way to relax. I play mostly single player stuff. Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, etc

Parents
  • Yep. I tend to take long breaks of years then get back into it once the technology has taken a jump forward. Helps to quieten my busy mind but I do get very tired if I overdo it so I can take breaks of weeks (sometimes months) before I load something up.

I enjoy most genres - so FarCry 5 & Prey (2017)  I'm having a lot of fun with, Pathologic2, Resident Evil 7 and Alien:Isolation for that oppressive atmosphere, Watch Dogs / Shadow of War / X-Rebirth (I found it fun once I'd modded it to be slightly less frustrating) for the open world fix.

I really enjoy 4X games - but they take too long and I'm useless at them, but I've fond memories of the Civ series, Age of Wonders and Fallen Enchantress.

Huge fan of the 'shock series. (Infinite is one of my all-time favourites) 

....oh! And Obsidian. Lets hope they never get gobbled up by some triple AAA publisher.

• Yep. I tend to take long breaks of years then get back into it once the technology has taken a jump forward. Helps to quieten my busy mind but I do get very tired if I overdo it so I can take breaks of weeks (sometimes months) before I load something up.

I enjoy most genres - so FarCry 5 & Prey (2017)  I'm having a lot of fun with, Pathologic2, Resident Evil 7 and Alien:Isolation for that oppressive atmosphere, Watch Dogs / Shadow of War / X-Rebirth (I found it fun once I'd modded it to be slightly less frustrating) for the open world fix.

I really enjoy 4X games - but they take too long and I'm useless at them, but I've fond memories of the Civ series, Age of Wonders and Fallen Enchantress.

Huge fan of the 'shock series. (Infinite is one of my all-time favourites) 

....oh! And Obsidian. Lets hope they never get gobbled up by some triple AAA publisher.

Children
No Data