Gaming for mental health

Hi all. Does anyone else like to game as a way of destressing and to improve mental well being? If so what are your recommendations? I personally like to jump on the PS4 and now PS5. I find it helps me switch off and is a great way to relax. I play mostly single player stuff. Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, etc

Parents
  • Minecraft might've saved my life. My therapist recommended gaming as a way to escape the dire consequences I was living through back in 2014. 

Not sure if you've played Hellblade : Senuas sacrifice on ps4, but that's a tough play, although incredible from a mental health point of view. Not only are the graphics gorgeous and the gameplay superb, the leaving curve is very linear and the message very positive. That no matter how bad things are, no matter the ugliness and the negativity, if you keep on fighting you can win. Well worth playing, but not your usual switch off and chill out experience like Minecraft, which is basically like digital Lego. 

• Minecraft might've saved my life. My therapist recommended gaming as a way to escape the dire consequences I was living through back in 2014. 

Not sure if you've played Hellblade : Senuas sacrifice on ps4, but that's a tough play, although incredible from a mental health point of view. Not only are the graphics gorgeous and the gameplay superb, the leaving curve is very linear and the message very positive. That no matter how bad things are, no matter the ugliness and the negativity, if you keep on fighting you can win. Well worth playing, but not your usual switch off and chill out experience like Minecraft, which is basically like digital Lego. 

Children
No Data