Website Problems/SO FRUSTRATING *Updated*

For about a week now, I've had major problems trying to access this forum. Either it partially loads, or doesn't load at all. Even when it partially loads, many of the features of the forum don't work. I can't reply to some threads, and the ones I can reply to don't seem to let me edit my posts or use quotes. On top of all that, if I try to load different topics, it freezes. There's no rhyme or reason to the problems, it's completely random - and if I don't give up soon, I'm going to end up pulling out my hair! Does anyone else have these same issues? I don't think I've seen a website so full of glitches and bugs since the early days of the internet.

UPDATE: *I've switched browser from Safari to Chrome and, fingers crossed, a lot of the issues have been resolved.*

Parents
  • Please do comment on whether you're still seeing the issue with missing Reply (etc.) buttons, as we have released a change to address this. We've also addressed issues with the layout of search. We are aware of the PM problem and working to resolve that.

The advice and guidance pages do not require sign-ins, and I have not been able to reproduce that effect. When reporting problems, it can be helpful to mention, as many have done in this thread, the browser and device (Android, iPhone or PC, and Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge, etc.) that you are using, as that makes it easier for us to test for problems specific to particular ones of those. In some cases, such as access to advice and guidance, the exact sequence of pages that you followed may also be important.

If this means that information is rather detailed to be relevant in a discussion posting, feel free to email  it to community.manager@nas.org.uk

Hope this helps.

• Just to remark that, like many sites, we restrict the width used on large screens because of the rule of measure. In essence, using too much width would make reading harder, and that's why many designs now tend to use multiple columns on large screens, and then stack them on smaller ones. There's a more technical discussion here. I'm not at this point aware of any studies into whether the arguments there would be affected if the reader were on the spectrum.

Reply Children
  • OK, that's the PMs area. As I mentioned, we're doing some work on that next. I can't promise that it will address everything, but could I suggest that we resolve issues of access to messages while you are writing a reply, and then assess which of your issues in that screenshot remain?