Diagnosis without involving parent

I understand for a diagnosis it's likely that the diagnosis service will want to talk to a parent or someone who knew me as a young child. This is an idea that utterly fills me with dread for a whole bunch of reasons and has been the biggest barrier to me seeking a diagnosis. Has anyone here been diagnosed without involvement of a parent? Or refused a diagnosis because they couldn't/wouldn't involve a parent?

Parents
  • My folks are long gone and I was only diagnosed last year. My assessment team were happy with a personal history, self-report questionnaire, a conversation with my manager as well as an interview with me and face to face assessment. 

If they'd been around it would have made things really difficult. My father was undiagnosed on the spectrum (I only figured that out when I knew what to look for) but my folks had a habit of dismissing everything - even when I was in crisis.  

• My folks are long gone and I was only diagnosed last year. My assessment team were happy with a personal history, self-report questionnaire, a conversation with my manager as well as an interview with me and face to face assessment. 

If they'd been around it would have made things really difficult. My father was undiagnosed on the spectrum (I only figured that out when I knew what to look for) but my folks had a habit of dismissing everything - even when I was in crisis.  

Children
No Data