My son feeling Negative!

Has anyone experienced... how negative a person is with Aspergers? My son is finding it hard atm with college work, it’s hard actually to put into words! He’s so negative. But he knows he is different to others and started crying to me about it, he’s frustrated and I just don’t know where to turn! He is 20 years old in June. I get scared of how is mind is set, as I remember him telling e he wanted to die in his twenties and it plays on my mind. 
I feel like I need to go away and look up what to say to him, as he is so intelligent but his way of thinking is different. As we all have our own experience of depression and anxiety. I feel Aspergers is in another level totally! 
thanx for ready hope you can advice ;) 

Parents
  • Is what he is doing at college something of interest? My personal experience is that if I don’t enjoy something I find it virtually impossible to even begin working on it. Simply thinking about that fact I need to start on something and that I can’t find the motivation to really adds pressure and clogs my brain up and then I feel like I can’t do anything and feel like I could cry.

my advice would be to ensure the college are aware of the situation regarding how he is feeling and ask them to give him the time he needs. Let your son talk to you about it. Tell him he can talk to you about it when he is ready. If you try to get something out of him I think he may shut down. It can take me days to find the right words to explain a simple sentence regarding my emotions.

I hope this helps in some way.

• Is what he is doing at college something of interest? My personal experience is that if I don’t enjoy something I find it virtually impossible to even begin working on it. Simply thinking about that fact I need to start on something and that I can’t find the motivation to really adds pressure and clogs my brain up and then I feel like I can’t do anything and feel like I could cry.

my advice would be to ensure the college are aware of the situation regarding how he is feeling and ask them to give him the time he needs. Let your son talk to you about it. Tell him he can talk to you about it when he is ready. If you try to get something out of him I think he may shut down. It can take me days to find the right words to explain a simple sentence regarding my emotions.

I hope this helps in some way.

Children
No Data