Energy Healing

I'm newly on the NHS waiting list for an adult autism assessment.

Also recently enrolled in a pet therapy course which includes energy healing. I'm struggling with the latter part but don't know if it's me and being new to it or any potential spectrum effects blocking it.

Google is no help as it just returns results for energy healing helping autism.

Can an autistic person successfully train in and use energy healing or am I wasting my time trying?

Parents
  • @Deepthought

That's interesting as the course tutor recommended Qi Gong to me as well. Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

Yep, I had burnout from life in 2003 and then from canine behaviour work 2 years ago. Still going to go back to it though, adding the therapy work to my skills. Grin At least now I understand more about myself and hopefully a dx will open up appropriate support to avoid any further burnout.

• @Deepthought

That's interesting as the course tutor recommended Qi Gong to me as well. Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions.

Glad to have been of some assistance! Relaxed

Yep, I had burnout from life in 2003 and then from canine behaviour work 2 years ago. Still going to go back to it though, adding the therapy work to my skills.

I did mine during the early and late nineties ~ the first as a manager and the second as a therapist, with the second burnout somewhat proving like the first that I needed to manage my schedule with me in mind foremostly rather than others. 

At least now I understand more about myself and hopefully a dx will open up appropriate support to avoid any further burnout.

Getting told by a friend that I needed to get diagnosed and so doing really helped me understand myself, and applying that comprehension with the Equality Act 2010 has allowed me to prevent any further burnouts from undue social pressures ~ "Reasonal Adjustment" stylie and all that.

I am still working on the support thing though as one of the social workers have suggested I have motivational issues, and are trying to see if I cannot get psychotherapeutic assistance to help me with them ~ despite having been recently discharged from the psychotherapy service on the basis that they do not have appropriately qualified staff in this area to help me with my problems.

The social work team have not as yet come to the understanding or comprehension that the Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seizures I suffer from ~ are causing what they imagine to be the "motivational" issues, otherwise known as post seizure psychological fragmentation and physiological exhaustion. 

Good job this is taking a long time really (started in July 2018) as I am trying to get used to the idea of getting support as I am much more used to being left to my own devices, but they will work it all out eventually as I have already provided them with all the requisite information from medical professionals and occupational therapists ~ bless them. 

Just out of curiosity so do not feel that you have to answer if you do not wish to ~ have you got long to wait for your diagnostic assessment? 

• @Deepthought

Glad to have been of some assistance! Relaxed

Yep, I had burnout from life in 2003 and then from canine behaviour work 2 years ago. Still going to go back to it though, adding the therapy work to my skills.

I did mine during the early and late nineties ~ the first as a manager and the second as a therapist, with the second burnout somewhat proving like the first that I needed to manage my schedule with me in mind foremostly rather than others. 

At least now I understand more about myself and hopefully a dx will open up appropriate support to avoid any further burnout.

Getting told by a friend that I needed to get diagnosed and so doing really helped me understand myself, and applying that comprehension with the Equality Act 2010 has allowed me to prevent any further burnouts from undue social pressures ~ "Reasonal Adjustment" stylie and all that.

I am still working on the support thing though as one of the social workers have suggested I have motivational issues, and are trying to see if I cannot get psychotherapeutic assistance to help me with them ~ despite having been recently discharged from the psychotherapy service on the basis that they do not have appropriately qualified staff in this area to help me with my problems.

The social work team have not as yet come to the understanding or comprehension that the Psychogenic Non Epileptic Seizures I suffer from ~ are causing what they imagine to be the "motivational" issues, otherwise known as post seizure psychological fragmentation and physiological exhaustion. 

Good job this is taking a long time really (started in July 2018) as I am trying to get used to the idea of getting support as I am much more used to being left to my own devices, but they will work it all out eventually as I have already provided them with all the requisite information from medical professionals and occupational therapists ~ bless them. 

Just out of curiosity so do not feel that you have to answer if you do not wish to ~ have you got long to wait for your diagnostic assessment? 

Children
No Data