Forever losing track of my things

Recently diagnosed with ASD. I am really bad at keeping track of my stuff. I am always losing things. I end up with two of something because I can't find the first one and then eventually find where I put it. It's so frustrating. I also don't get why people ask where is the last place you had it like if I knew that I could find it. I have a grounding tool that I really like but it's like it's vanished into thin air. Is this an autistic thing or just a me thing? Also any tips for stop losing things. routerlogin

Parents
  • I am autistic and have a similar issue because I am always misplacing my house keys abx I know they are in my house, but other than that I do not know where they were abd twice I left them in my  front door but thankfully I have goid neighbours and HD kept them safe until I cane for them and on another time I put them in the microwave, don't ask ne shy because I gave no idea why I put them there. It appears that short term memory problems is part if autism.

• I am autistic and have a similar issue because I am always misplacing my house keys abx I know they are in my house, but other than that I do not know where they were abd twice I left them in my  front door but thankfully I have goid neighbours and HD kept them safe until I cane for them and on another time I put them in the microwave, don't ask ne shy because I gave no idea why I put them there. It appears that short term memory problems is part if autism.

Children
No Data