If you are working, what careers are you in?

I'd like to find a job that doesn't make me constantly overstimulated, overwhelmed and fatigued, but is also intellectually challenging. I absolutely love learning. Has anyone found a role that works for them?

Parents
  • Don't let your autism define your career prospects. 

Society tends to pigeon hole people with autism and maintaining very low expectations for us. 

I've worked as a company director and senior management for many years. Some aspects really suit me, others take a bit more effort and support from colleagues.  I know other people with autism who have been at the top of their organisations. Like every job I've ever had there are good things and bad things about this area. 

Never use your autism as a starting point to close down ambition and aspiration. 

• Don't let your autism define your career prospects. 

Society tends to pigeon hole people with autism and maintaining very low expectations for us. 

I've worked as a company director and senior management for many years. Some aspects really suit me, others take a bit more effort and support from colleagues.  I know other people with autism who have been at the top of their organisations. Like every job I've ever had there are good things and bad things about this area. 

Never use your autism as a starting point to close down ambition and aspiration. 

Children