Recent Podcast About Autism with Claudia Winkleman and Tanya Byron

Hi all - 

I have recently been diagnosed with Autism / Asperger at the age of 51, after wondering for quite a few years if I was autistic and whether I would actually benefit from an assessment.  

Back in July I was lucky enough to be invited as a guest on the podcast "How did We Get Here" with Claudia Winkleman (of Strictly Come Dancing and other shows) and Professor Tanya Byron (well known clinical psychologist who writes for the Times and author of "The Skeleton Cupboard").

This particular episode was about ASD (sorry they are still using the official clinical term ASD rather than ASC in this particular discussion) and in particular about my decision making process on whether to get a diagnosis.

The edited highlights of this session are available from all podcast sources and the particular episode was put out on 24th November under the name "Tom". There is also some discussion about the links between anxiety and autism.

It was this discussion which finally encouraged me to go ahead with an assessment.

Also as an aside, I really recommend this podcast in general as there are many other episodes about all sorts of interesting life challenges that people face with their families.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link here directly to the podcast but you can find it by searching "How did we get here" on your search engine or on any podcast player.

Parents Reply Children
No Data