Jokes!

Hello I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems with getting certain jokes I get most of the jokes I hear but quite often someone will say something as a joke and I’ll be the only person that didn’t get it.

anyone else have this problem?

Parents
  • Hi Simon I know they say people with asd struggle with comedy and jokes but this is dependant on every single person. I love comedy so much so I will rewatch a series up to 100 times and still find it funny. Just finished watching emrican office again it is perfect for practising the art of learning human interactions, sudelty and direct and indirect humour

• Hi Daithi I do the same thing with tv shows I watch the same ones over and over my family didn’t know how I didn’t get bored of it. I love comedy as well shows like friends it’s hard to describe at work in February I went into the office and the manager said where’s my flowers I said we don’t get them in until Friday then everyone in the office started laughing and another manager said I don’t think he got it. Of course the next day I realised she was joking about Valentine’s Day.

• That is how we develop the skill of masking 

Reply Children