What's your favourite Stanley Kubrick film?

Mine is 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Is that where we're headed?

Towards becoming balls of energy, like babies again. Floating through the universe.

Makes you think about evolution, where we've come from, where we'll go.

We were apes, some of the apes got clever and the others began to copy the clever ones. We developed tools, homes, farming, sewage, transportation. 

The question that always remains is why.

Parents
  • I'll need to watch a couple more of his. I have Barry Lyndon on my watch list. It has been a couple of decades since I watched 2001 and I imagine I'll get more out of it as an adult.

Eyes Wide Shut was quite striking. The general underlying discomfort the film has is quite interesting. Nothing too much really happens but throughout, there's a constant tension and uneasiness and that strikes me as separating it from a lot of other films which tend to go with more of a 'tension and release'. In Eyes Wide Shut, the tension and unease seems always just under the skin for some reason. I might need to re-watch that one again too as that was also a long time ago since I watched it.

• Eyes Wide Shut is an erotic thriller or is it about gangbangs among the elites? You decide.

• I quite liked the interpersonal element to it.

Reply Children
No Data