My 16yr old autistic son wants to join Facebook

Hello,

does anyone have experience of setting up a Facebook account for their autistic child. My son is 16 and very keen to have an account but of course I’m worried about cyber bullying. Is there a way to set his account so that friend requests are restricted/monitored in some way?

sounds awful I know but we all know the world is not like a Disney movie, it does have some right nasty evil people in it

thanks

anxious Dad

Parents
  • We made sure we educated our 7-year old daughter about internet security and forum & FB protocols and how bullying works.    

We showed her how to set up fake accounts using internet pictures and using the address & telephone number of major landmarks - like the British Museum - it gets past all the verification checks and she could abandon any compromised profile if it got out of control.      We taught her to never get in a fight on the internet - it's not real and trolls just exist to try to hurt people.

We saw many of her classmates crash & burn using their real identity online so they made it harder for their future self.

Our daughter, now at 21, has only recently set up a profile in her own name.   She's INCREDIBLY internet savvy.

• We made sure we educated our 7-year old daughter about internet security and forum & FB protocols and how bullying works.    

We showed her how to set up fake accounts using internet pictures and using the address & telephone number of major landmarks - like the British Museum - it gets past all the verification checks and she could abandon any compromised profile if it got out of control.      We taught her to never get in a fight on the internet - it's not real and trolls just exist to try to hurt people.

We saw many of her classmates crash & burn using their real identity online so they made it harder for their future self.

Our daughter, now at 21, has only recently set up a profile in her own name.   She's INCREDIBLY internet savvy.

Children
No Data