Useful ipad apps for students in mainstream education

Hello,

I'm a KS4 and 5 teacher in Northern Ireland and we have received some funding that has allowed us to get iPads for our students to use.  I would like to get some apps put on these to help our students with autism in areas like organisation (mind maps, etc), timers, emotional regulation and anxiety management, or any apps that would be useful to assist in day to day school life.  If anyone could suggest some apps that they have used that have been successful or useful for students aged 14-18 I would be very grateful.  Thanks!

• Hi, I’m a mature student at Uni, I did use SimpleMind Pro for a while, it’s about £10 I think for the full version. I found it quite useful for the first year, then I bought the Apple Pencil and use it with OneNote. I found it great for downloading and inserting PowerPoints and then writing next to the slides in OneNote, which is also great for clipping directly from websites through the browser extension. It does take some getting used to when inserting the PowerPoints. I also like the fact I can setup many notebooks in OneNote for each of my units. I did find using the mind maps too slow for keeping up with lectures but it is a useful tool and if I remember rightly you can download a free, but slightly limited, version to check it out first. Good luck, Martin