Bad joints from being autistic?

Hello everyone I saw on google that autistic people can suffer from a variety of things such as joint problems I have big problems with my knees tendinitis and a couple times dislocation I have to wear knee braces when I go out and my shoulders crack and feel achy a lot.

so I was just wondering if anyone else had had these kind of problems because you can’t trust everything you read on google.

Parents
  • I've rarely heard before about the relationship between autism and hypermobility (what causes pain in muscles, joints, and so on). However, I know it's actually pretty common, unfortunately. It usually affects children and young people and often gets better as you get older. Although it's hard to just let it get better by itself and feel that pain from time to time. That's why I would suggest taking supplements, like those prescribed for [link removed by moderator] . I know they work well to strengthen ligaments and tendons, and alleviate stiffness, swelling of the joints, and muscle cramps.

• I've rarely heard before about the relationship between autism and hypermobility (what causes pain in muscles, joints, and so on). However, I know it's actually pretty common, unfortunately. It usually affects children and young people and often gets better as you get older. Although it's hard to just let it get better by itself and feel that pain from time to time. That's why I would suggest taking supplements, like those prescribed for [link removed by moderator] . I know they work well to strengthen ligaments and tendons, and alleviate stiffness, swelling of the joints, and muscle cramps.

Children
No Data