Bad joints from being autistic?

Hello everyone I saw on google that autistic people can suffer from a variety of things such as joint problems I have big problems with my knees tendinitis and a couple times dislocation I have to wear knee braces when I go out and my shoulders crack and feel achy a lot.

so I was just wondering if anyone else had had these kind of problems because you can’t trust everything you read on google.

Parents
  • I've had every aching muscles for years. I thought it was my joints as it felt like someone had put superglue in my ankles and knees when I tried to stand up after sitting for a while. I have had several blood tests ruling out arthritis and Thyroid problems. At my last consultation the GP suggested me taking up Yoga WTF!!!!

Originally, I thought I was suffering from stiff joints, but now I think it's not stiff joints but sore muscles. I think I am suffering from Fibromyalgia, which is also linked with Asperger's.

I didn't suggest this to the GP but she said I had been tested for everything she could think off and put it down to age (I am 55) but other people of my age don't have this and I still regularly exercise. The GP said it was no good doing purely cardiac exercise - hence the suggestion of Yoga.

I will give it a couple of weeks and try again, be more assertive and suggest Fibromyalgia, the main symptoms are aching or painful muscles, Stiffness, Fatigue, headaches and poor sleep.

I know that I am very sensitive to aches and have a very low tolerance :)

• I've had every aching muscles for years. I thought it was my joints as it felt like someone had put superglue in my ankles and knees when I tried to stand up after sitting for a while. I have had several blood tests ruling out arthritis and Thyroid problems. At my last consultation the GP suggested me taking up Yoga WTF!!!!

Originally, I thought I was suffering from stiff joints, but now I think it's not stiff joints but sore muscles. I think I am suffering from Fibromyalgia, which is also linked with Asperger's.

I didn't suggest this to the GP but she said I had been tested for everything she could think off and put it down to age (I am 55) but other people of my age don't have this and I still regularly exercise. The GP said it was no good doing purely cardiac exercise - hence the suggestion of Yoga.

I will give it a couple of weeks and try again, be more assertive and suggest Fibromyalgia, the main symptoms are aching or painful muscles, Stiffness, Fatigue, headaches and poor sleep.

I know that I am very sensitive to aches and have a very low tolerance :)

Children
No Data