Worried

My name is George and I'm here I guess to get some advice.

For a long time I've felt like i might be autistic, because I struggle so much in the same ways I always read about. When I was in school, the teachers suggested to my mother that they think I might be, and they asked my mum to get me checked, but my mum never did because at the time she was going through a custody battle for my younger sibling and her solicitor advised her that if I were proven to have autism it would affect her chances of winning the court case....

However I'm really really worried about doing this myself. I don't know where to start. I'm 26 years old and I feel like if I went to my doctor and tried to explain any of this, I would just freezer up and look stupid or he would not understand me and not believe me. Please give me some advice... I don't know what to do. I just want to understand why I am the way I am.

Parents
  • make a list of traits/symptoms on a piece of paper that you can take and hand to your GP and assessor ( so have muliple copies )

You're asking you PG to be referred on, they are unlikely to be able to refute what you say especially if you produce 10 reasons why u think you are autistic.

The fact the teachers at school  thought you where is very significant thats  number one on on your list .

Your GP will fully understand and approve of what you are doing.

step 1 ask GP to refer you for an autism diagnosis,  ideally with a written list in your hand of why you think you are 

• make a list of traits/symptoms on a piece of paper that you can take and hand to your GP and assessor ( so have muliple copies )

You're asking you PG to be referred on, they are unlikely to be able to refute what you say especially if you produce 10 reasons why u think you are autistic.

The fact the teachers at school  thought you where is very significant thats  number one on on your list .

step 1 ask GP to refer you for an autism diagnosis,  ideally with a written list in your hand of why you think you are 

Children

heres what I followed ( start at top left blue square )