Cannabis card

Not legalisation but for anyone interested in or using cannabis medicinally, a card is being introduced from 1st November and autism is listed as one of the conditions. 

canex.co.uk/.../

• When I was a kid we learned that some THC (the stuff in cannabis mainly responsible for the "high") was decarboxylated into CBD by the process of making hashish, and that was why some resins had a heavy sleepy effect, and others a more lively psychedelic effect. Mainly heat is responsible. 

There's also a reverse process to make pure laevorotatory THC out of CBD oil involving concentrated THC and ether.. That'll cause some fun when people rediscover it in a landscape where CBD is now easy to obtain.

I've been wondering if that is how they make "spice" (which I've only heard about on T.V. never encountered it in real life)

When my cat's cancer was treated with THC oil, (at the time the CBD oil we ordered took too long to arrive) that worked quite well and he seemed to tolerate it well, but when it finally turned up the CBD oil seemed to make him listless and more unwell, so he only ever got one dose of that, before I retured to the "full spectrum" Rick Simpsn oil. (As per the instructions given by Rick Simpson in his intrigueing video "runnning from the cure".  

• I use CBD, it's good for pain, especially nerve pain which I get due to fybromyalgia, it helps me relax and sleep too, but I wouldn't say it would help quitting nicotine. Are you thinking of a vape or drops or what? I was recomended it by someone who was kept awake at night by restless leg syndrome, he found it helped enormously.

Not all brands or types are equal though, its the same with any natural remedy, I use LoveCBD, which seems to be a good brand.

• i doubt it helps with anything as its basically just snake oil salesman all over again brought into modern times

• Does CBD help with quitting nicotine?

• the canacard doesnt allow you to legally smoke real canabis.... it only permits use of the CBD oil prescribed by the NHS which is legal anyway so its pointless.

this does not permit you to buy or take a class A banned drug....

• Interesting. If it makes people happy and improves quality of life, who cares. 

• Hey everyone! It's such a relief to hear that it's legally accessible, especially for conditions like autism. I think this could genuinely help improve the quality of life for many people dealing with various health issues, and it's great to see progress on this front. Just make sure to follow all of the necessary steps and requirements to get your card; it's important to stay informed and follow the rules, you know. Oh, and while doing some research, I recently stumbled upon a medical cannabis pharmacy – it was intriguing to see so many different products and to learn more about the benefits of medicinal cannabis overall! I ordered some from there (they deliver all over across the UK) and tried it. I don't regret it a bit. Let me know your opinions on this matter.

• Where would you draw the line between drugs and medicine.  This may well seem obvious in some cases but medical cannabis is prescribed and dispensed via a pharmacy.  

• This is a reminder to be nice to other online community users. Rule 5 of the online community is to 'be nice to one another'. You can view a full list of our rules here or by clicking the 'community rules' link in the toolbar.

Kind regards,

Clare Mod

• This is a reminder that there is no hate speech allowed on the online community.

Please read our rules in full here

Kind regards,

Clare Mod

• Drugs are not good. Medicine is okay, I’ve seen other autistic people who smoked cannabis regularly and it certainly didn’t help them from what I experienced being in their company. I think some autistic people are so desperate to feel better that they are willing to try mind altering drugs like weed. I guess you gotta keep waiting until scientists invent medicines that can treat the negative aspects of having autism that people don’t like. I respect peoples decision to take drugs though I know it can be hard when your an addict.

• but nah in all serioness this why now have gen z self assessing themselves on tiktok or faking autisum just to get away with *** you bring the woke bs up on us too and you screw us all  

• Your mum said what?

• That's about as effective as telling people to stop making ill conceived and vacuous comments.

• Stop milking autism for drugs 

• Thankyou, thats really helpful information.

• Hello again.  I no longer have a Cancard as it's really been superceded by my prescription from Sapphire, but they did need some verification of my medical condition, for which I needed to get some information from the GP.  This should be freely available.

Likewise with the cannabis clinic.  I needed to get a medical summary from my GP surgery and also submit any letters relating to my condition.  I must emphasise that, although I do keep my GP and consultants informed, I didn't need their approval or permission for this.  I just copied the relevant letters plus submitted a summary of my care which I got from my online records with the GP. 

One stipulation for a cannabis prescription is that you must have tried at least two different mainstream treatments first.  For me, with a very long history of anxiety spanning decades, this wasn't hard so I easily met the requirement. 

My GP on her own would never have prescribed cannabis and I believe that, throughout the NHS, there have still only been a handful of prescriptions, in very specific cases.  So, although NHS information is used and prescription detailed are shared with NHS professionals, they don't prescribe cannabis and I'd say it's pointless asking them.  :( 

• Sorry for my dimness.  How did you get a legal prescription?  Doesnt the g.p have to ok it?

The cancard said they have to contact g.p?  

• Wow!  Why didn't I google that before?

• Try googling this:

Is Marijuana the World's Most Effective Treatment for Autism?