Theory about greying hair and aspergers/autism

I have a theory that people with aspergers/high functioning autism are prone to going grey - follicly speaking - sooner than the average person. I have and I know a couple of other people like me who also have gone grey earlier than you'd typically expect.

Perhaps it's stress-related, or dealing with the constant anxiety. It's an admittedly small sample size! Any thoughts?

Parents
  • It's interesting because certainly right up to 29 I've always been told I look much younger, like 20 or 21. I also have a small slight patch of grey hair back of my head. The thing is I have made a habit of eating decent amount of veg and fruit, did decent amount of cardio - cycling, walking. I've don't drink or eat fast food or smoke. I do have weird binging eating tendencies - peculiar sort - I bing on bread and PEANUTS. Maybe my genes have stood me in good stead until now at least. I certainly don't often feel as good as I can look sometimes.

• It's interesting because certainly right up to 29 I've always been told I look much younger, like 20 or 21. I also have a small slight patch of grey hair back of my head. The thing is I have made a habit of eating decent amount of veg and fruit, did decent amount of cardio - cycling, walking. I've don't drink or eat fast food or smoke. I do have weird binging eating tendencies - peculiar sort - I bing on bread and PEANUTS. Maybe my genes have stood me in good stead until now at least. I certainly don't often feel as good as I can look sometimes.

Children
  • I started turning grey around 30, my dad did early so expected it really, but this seemed to pause a few years later when I had to give my job up for health reasons and things related to autism (though didn't know that at the time).  

Autistic people can appear younger than they are, not sure there is much evidence as to why as haven't really looked - its probably differences in the brain related to ageing, and can happen with non-autistic people anyway.