Theory about greying hair and aspergers/autism

I have a theory that people with aspergers/high functioning autism are prone to going grey - follicly speaking - sooner than the average person. I have and I know a couple of other people like me who also have gone grey earlier than you'd typically expect.

Perhaps it's stress-related, or dealing with the constant anxiety. It's an admittedly small sample size! Any thoughts?

Parents
  • It's a really interesting theory.

I started slowly going grey in my early 20s and I'm 37 now and have for quite a few years now had a salt-and-pepper effect going on, although my hair is still mostly brown.

I've also had a grey mallen streak since my late 20s.

• It's a really interesting theory.

I started slowly going grey in my early 20s and I'm 37 now and have for quite a few years now had a salt-and-pepper effect going on, although my hair is still mostly brown.

I've also had a grey mallen streak since my late 20s.

Children
  • You seem to be very similar to me, although I'm 40 so have a few years on you. 

• i used work with a guy who analysed hair to prove the existence of a certain chemical associated with a disorder.  Maybe there could a similar chemical analysis possible for autism whereby your hair returns a chemical spectrum that is only found in people with autism. NTs would have a different hair spectrum. A possible PhD thesis there I reckon :)