I cant bear it - my stress levels are always painfully high

I cant bear it - my stress levels are always painfully high. My body is in a constant state of panic everyday. I am just started to notice that my stomach has lots of feelings of terror, is if I’m getting ready to run away all the time. Do you have this? It is unbearable. I don’t think I can keep living like this. 

• Generalised anxiety disorder yes. Not all anti-depressants target anxiety, some are duel purpose where as others aren’t. There’s also medication that is used specifically for anxiety which can be used in conjunction with anti-depressants - so there are options however be prepared for a GP to recommend a non-medicated root first. 

• Yes .. oh yes! :) Depends on the level of stress. Sometimes, not even a swim can help me. Heavy level stress usually has me semi-catatonic, and I feel like curling up in a ball. Reading can help or a complete change of scene for a bit, if possible. We all need a sanctuary, or holodeck we can escape to sometimes!

• I have a old friend who worked in a well know theatre and one day it all got a bit too much so he just look up into the flies and said "F**K it" and went home and stayed home, he has spent th last 40 years doing whet HE want's and to hell with what people think, try it, just be YOU and don't worry about anything that stresses you, it's not worth it and life IS worth living, if only to piss everyone else off.

• i understand it is. thank you for your advice. i do try to exercise but it can stress me out even more sometimes. do you find this?

• you think? i'm on meds at the moment for depression. doesn't do anything for this feeling. generalised anxiety would you say?

• Sounds like textbook anxiety to me - probably best to contact the GP who may in the first instance signpost your to self help guides but medication may also be an option. 

• Sorry to hear it. This is seriously unhealthy for your mind and body and needs addressing asap. I was in this same postion and kept ignoring it. There are ways of easing stress levels, such as exercise, yoga, meditation, etc etc, a small dose of anti-anxiety medication(which I was told by a clinician seems to be very affective for many on the spectrum). But, it could be that your job is the cause, or your living environment, relationship/s etc. So, it's important to take a good long look at your daily life and examine what may need changing. If you need to talk, feel free to message me. Wishing you well.