Pica and smells

Hi all. Anxiety has been super high and from reading online I think what I've always had is pica or sensory seeking? I've always chewed toweling fabric! I'll chew it until it falls appart. Worse at times and now I think its anxiety causing me to crave it more and more. 

Anyway wondering how I overcome this?

As a kid I was addicted to furniture polish, I'd spray it onto a duster and smell it for ages. Then I found out the harm and stopped thank fully! Luckily I was okay. I'm craving strong smells again lately. I'm worried that the polish craving will come back. Is this also sensory seeking?

Parents
  • It’s not quite the same maybe, but I used to love sucking water out of sponges..... the water tasted better to me and I enjoyed the texture of the sponge mixed with it. I still sometimes get sudden urges to....suck a sponge of water! LOL! 

I’ve just recently gotten a new desk and I spend so much of my time at the moment sniffing the wood. 

I sniff magazines and books all the time. Any magazine around (as long as the magazine looks new and clean) aren’t safe from my nose. Lol. 

• It’s not quite the same maybe, but I used to love sucking water out of sponges..... the water tasted better to me and I enjoyed the texture of the sponge mixed with it. I still sometimes get sudden urges to....suck a sponge of water! LOL! 

I’ve just recently gotten a new desk and I spend so much of my time at the moment sniffing the wood. 

I sniff magazines and books all the time. Any magazine around (as long as the magazine looks new and clean) aren’t safe from my nose. Lol. 

Children