*Autistic Shutdowns collection* - Do you experience these ?

Hi

I have been trying to work out if I am experiencing Shutdowns, I am still not sure 

I have been trying to find information online but its pretty unspecific. Very few videos about it either.

If you experience shutdowns, please

1. list the symptoms
  2. describe the process you experience
  3. describe how you feel afterwards please
  4. what triggers it / is there always a trigger ?

I want to determine if I am indeed experiencing shutdowns.  

Get your experiences added to this collection  Thumbsup.

Thanks for any responses,advice,ideas

Parents
  • Can't talk, can't process, retreat to safe place, sit and just sit, normally stimming. Can't control thoughts.

I don't think I've had the classic shut down experience that Raindrops on Roses described there.

For me, its more like "I'm DONE".

As if I have assessed the situation from a vantage point high above myself and have decided (like Ripley in Aliens) to "nuke it from orbit".

The bomb has "exploded", but my behaviour is not explosive.

Its super calm. My sole focus is removing myself physically from the situation as fast as possible. I will politely make some excuses and LEAVE.

• Can't talk, can't process, retreat to safe place, sit and just sit, normally stimming. Can't control thoughts.

I don't think I've had the classic shut down experience that Raindrops on Roses described there.

For me, its more like "I'm DONE".

As if I have assessed the situation from a vantage point high above myself and have decided (like Ripley in Aliens) to "nuke it from orbit".

The bomb has "exploded", but my behaviour is not explosive.

Its super calm. My sole focus is removing myself physically from the situation as fast as possible. I will politely make some excuses and LEAVE.

Children