Christmas presents

Does anyone else find the whole present thing pointless ? Why doesn't everyone keep their money and buy stuff they want for themselves ?

So much pressure to find just the right gift and to respond to what you are given positively regardless of If you actually like it or not !

Parents
  • I don't mind buying for children, especially if they really want something, but I avoid buying for adults as I can't see the point. They mostly earn much more than me and buy themselves things all of the time. For those I feel obligated to buy for, we get charity gifts.

I have always hated receiving surprise gifts and don't appear to be able to look excited or pleased even when I like the gift. One year my sister bought me nail varnish...I literally never wear it. I just looked confused.

• I don't mind buying for children, especially if they really want something, but I avoid buying for adults as I can't see the point. They mostly earn much more than me and buy themselves things all of the time. For those I feel obligated to buy for, we get charity gifts.

I have always hated receiving surprise gifts and don't appear to be able to look excited or pleased even when I like the gift. One year my sister bought me nail varnish...I literally never wear it. I just looked confused.

Children