Christmas presents

Does anyone else find the whole present thing pointless ? Why doesn't everyone keep their money and buy stuff they want for themselves ?

So much pressure to find just the right gift and to respond to what you are given positively regardless of If you actually like it or not !

Parents
  • Gift giving is deeply rooted in our culture. The three kings gave baby Jesus gifts. This tradition has carried on for two thousand years. It would be a mighty task to undo such a thoughtful part of our culture.

Nothing wrong with asking what someone likes or paying special attention to what interests them. Save the receipt and put it with the gift. I do! 

If you get a gift you don't like or want, graciously say thanks because it's the thought that matters. Feelings and acts of generosity far outweigh the value of a gift. It is the act and kindness extended that makes it so special. 

Don't be afraid to give hints about what you need or like! Cut out a page from your fav catalog and put it on the frig. U can say it's sethong you're saving up for. Be creative! My mom asks me what I want or need and says to send her my wish list! Once you introduce the idea to family or friends, it can be part of the joy of giving and receiving. 

• Gift giving is deeply rooted in our culture. The three kings gave baby Jesus gifts. This tradition has carried on for two thousand years. It would be a mighty task to undo such a thoughtful part of our culture.

Nothing wrong with asking what someone likes or paying special attention to what interests them. Save the receipt and put it with the gift. I do! 

If you get a gift you don't like or want, graciously say thanks because it's the thought that matters. Feelings and acts of generosity far outweigh the value of a gift. It is the act and kindness extended that makes it so special. 

Don't be afraid to give hints about what you need or like! Cut out a page from your fav catalog and put it on the frig. U can say it's sethong you're saving up for. Be creative! My mom asks me what I want or need and says to send her my wish list! Once you introduce the idea to family or friends, it can be part of the joy of giving and receiving. 

Children
No Data