Weighted blankets to improve sleep - do they work?

• I would say that weighted blankets work for those who love weights on them as they sleep. This is explained by the science behind weighted blankets. However, it is all about your preference. Some won't like to sleep with a weight on top of them. Others will find it a welcoming idea. I suggest that you try one and see how your body reacts because the needs for a weighted blanket are unique for every individual.

• I would say that weighted blankets work for those who love weights on them as they sleep. This is explained by the science behind weighted blankets [https://backtoslumber.com/the-science-behind-weighted-blankets/]. However, it is all about your preference. Some won't like to sleep with a weight on top of them. Others will find it a welcoming idea. I suggest that you try one and see how your body reacts because the needs for a weighted blanket are unique for every individual.

• No chance! I bought one and I love it :-)

• are you trying to sell this product

• Fab, thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to mine arriving next week.

• Hello Daisy,

I have just brought one last week and love it as I sleep so much better now. I love the sensation of being gently pressed down by the weight and find it calms me and keeps me warmer now the nights are turning chilly. i would recommend them to anyone who struggles to sleep.

• Hi Daisy, thanks for your Message just now. No sadly the person visiting did know what was happening, I had told them often reg my Meltdowns, before but they just choose not to take it in that's all. And before they left my flat, that time they said to me and please don't phone someone and ask them to come and tell me all about my conditions because I don't want that. But I feel sorry for people like that who don't understand or want  to learn about us as it would really help them I know. But you can't force them to learn about Spectrum,things if they don't want to can you? Hope you get your blanket soon and it helps you a lot Daisy.

Fluffy.

• I've had a fantastic nights sleep every night since I started using it last week. I can't recommend them enough. One thing I've noticed, is I find waking and coming round much easier.  Its always something i struggle with. But better quality of sleep I think means better quality of waking up!

• Hi Fluffy

I'm sorry that the person visiting didn't know what was happening and how to help you, it sounds as though they were well intended but tried something that didn't work for you. It certainly sounds as though the weighted blanket did the trick though and I'm so pleased you have found something that works so well to comfort and calm you. I'm looking forward to mine arriving! 

Daisy

• Hi Daisy glad to hear you have ordered a weighted blanket best thing I got ever for myself. I time some one  had came to visit me and I happened to arrive just when I was having a big meltdown  and while I was having my very Emotional Meltdown Daisy the visitor started to tell me about people who did not have this that or the next thing. Then she told me how fortunate I was as I had this that an the next thing in my life. And they did not actually say it but think they were meaning you have good things in your life Helena, so why are you crying like this? They could not understand it was a meltdown I was having, and would not stay cause I was in tears. As soon as the visitor left me I reached for my weighted blanket Daisy, and snuggled down on my sofa an wrapped the blanket round me it felt so wonderful an I had a good sleep  till I recovered but afterwards I feel so very embarrassed but the blanket is just wonderful. Sorry to go on an on. Look forward to hearing how you get on with yours when you get it.

Fluffy.

• I love mine - hope it works out for you!

I use mine in the daytime when I'm stressed/anxious. I did try using it at night, but it prevented my partner from sleeping (apparently, it's impossible to get your fair share of the duvet when most of it is buried under a weighted blanket) Slight smile

• Hi Fluffy, thank you for sharing how it works for you. I've ordered one and will let you know how I get on!

have a great day. Daisy

• Thank you for sharing your experience. Great tip to build up the time of use, I hadn't thought about that.

• I have one too, mines a gravity blanket. I sleep under it all night and have found it to be excellent at making me feel relaxed, thus, reducing the amount of time it takes me to nod off.

I also snuggle under it on the sofa at times and again it makes me feel more relaxed and secure.

It took about a week to feel comfortable underneath it and they do recommend you build up to longer periods of use by using it for a short time each day.

• Hi Daisy yes i have a weighted blanket they are not specialy made for sleep though. They are meant to be used when you have a meltdown and are really stressed out. I find mine is excellent and if I am having a meltdown I reach for it straight away. It is like someone giving you a comforting hug I am sure you will find it really good if you do decide to try one let me know how you get on if you do plan to give it a go Daisy.

All the best Fluffy

• I have two duvets on the bed. The bottom one is feather. It wraps around me then. 

• I have ordered one, I'll let you know how I get on! Delivery date is 23rd October!

• great that you know yourself so well, I definitely lean more on the side of being cosy and 'held'. Enjoy your sprawling :-) 

• Great that it has been beneficial so far, have a fab weekend

• Thank you for taking the time to provide those links Dave, I am a scientific sort so I like the research references - as you say we can't rely on vendors to offer impartial reports.