Weighted blankets to improve sleep - do they work?

Parents
  • Hi Daisy yes i have a weighted blanket they are not specialy made for sleep though. They are meant to be used when you have a meltdown and are really stressed out. I find mine is excellent and if I am having a meltdown I reach for it straight away. It is like someone giving you a comforting hug I am sure you will find it really good if you do decide to try one let me know how you get on if you do plan to give it a go Daisy.

All the best Fluffy

• Hi Daisy glad to hear you have ordered a weighted blanket best thing I got ever for myself. I time some one  had came to visit me and I happened to arrive just when I was having a big meltdown  and while I was having my very Emotional Meltdown Daisy the visitor started to tell me about people who did not have this that or the next thing. Then she told me how fortunate I was as I had this that an the next thing in my life. And they did not actually say it but think they were meaning you have good things in your life Helena, so why are you crying like this? They could not understand it was a meltdown I was having, and would not stay cause I was in tears. As soon as the visitor left me I reached for my weighted blanket Daisy, and snuggled down on my sofa an wrapped the blanket round me it felt so wonderful an I had a good sleep  till I recovered but afterwards I feel so very embarrassed but the blanket is just wonderful. Sorry to go on an on. Look forward to hearing how you get on with yours when you get it.

Fluffy.

• Hi Fluffy

I'm sorry that the person visiting didn't know what was happening and how to help you, it sounds as though they were well intended but tried something that didn't work for you. It certainly sounds as though the weighted blanket did the trick though and I'm so pleased you have found something that works so well to comfort and calm you. I'm looking forward to mine arriving! 

Daisy

• Hi Fluffy

I'm sorry that the person visiting didn't know what was happening and how to help you, it sounds as though they were well intended but tried something that didn't work for you. It certainly sounds as though the weighted blanket did the trick though and I'm so pleased you have found something that works so well to comfort and calm you. I'm looking forward to mine arriving! 

Daisy

Children
  • Hi Daisy, thanks for your Message just now. No sadly the person visiting did know what was happening, I had told them often reg my Meltdowns, before but they just choose not to take it in that's all. And before they left my flat, that time they said to me and please don't phone someone and ask them to come and tell me all about my conditions because I don't want that. But I feel sorry for people like that who don't understand or want  to learn about us as it would really help them I know. But you can't force them to learn about Spectrum,things if they don't want to can you? Hope you get your blanket soon and it helps you a lot Daisy.

Fluffy.