What is Success?

Hi all,

I would be interested in the communities views on what success looks like for individuals with an Autistic Spectrum Condition, in a neurotypical world. It is obvious that we are continually marginalised by those that control a rather skewed version of what the objective facts are. 

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Parents
  • To me success is goals you achieve, no matter how big or small. If I do it then it was a success, I was a success. So like when I go out, to the park to feed the ducks or the shops - this is a really difficult thing to do for me and if I'm able to do it that for is success. Social interaction as well, I'm rarely able to do it, but if I do it's a success I can be proud of.

• To me success is goals you achieve, no matter how big or small. If I do it then it was a success, I was a success. So like when I go out, to the park to feed the ducks or the shops - this is a really difficult thing to do for me and if I'm able to do it that for is success. Social interaction as well, I'm rarely able to do it, but if I do it's a success I can be proud of.

Children
No Data